The Council of Rector of Indonesian State University (CRISU) and the Council of University President of Thailand (CUPT) conference plays significant roles in exploring the basis for the strong relationships and collaborations between state universities of Indonesia and Thailand in the future. It is an annual regularly event as a body of university presidents from Thailand and Indonesia to share visions, knowledge’s and experiences influencing higher education in both countries.
The previous eleven conferences significantly strengthened the relationships between the universities of both countries and resulted in collaborations and cooperation in several areas, e.g: disaster management, global warming, climate change, globalization, digitalization, renewable energy.
The list of history of CRISU-CUPT conference as follows:
- December 2005, Amari Watergate Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
- September 2006, UNESA, Surabaya, Indonesia
- December 2007, Mae Fah Luang University, Chiang Rai, Thailand
- November 2008, Hasanuddin University, Makassar, Indonesia
- July 2010, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- October 2011, Sriwajaya University, Palembang, Indonesia
- December 2012, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
- October 2013, Halu Oleo University, Kendari, Indonesia
- October 2014, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
- October 2015, IPB Bogor, Indonesia
- October 2016, Maejo University Chiang Mai, Thailand
- October 2017, Syiah Kuala University, Indonesia
- October 2018, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
This year, Udayana University has been appointed to host the 14th CRISU-CUPT Conference in Bali, Indonesia, will be held at Udayana International Convention Center (UICC), Kampus Jimbaran on 24th – 26th October 2019.